Why you should rent your home through us
- Reassuringly experienced negotiators who have excellent knowledge of the local market
- Regular feedback
- Integrity and honesty in all our dealings with you
- Prominent modern offices in busy thoroughfare in the heart of St. Helier
- Large office window with latest digital displays
- We advertise in a wide range of media
- A dedicated resource for digital marketing including social media platforms
- National and international advertising available by arrangement
- Latest bespoke interactive website
- Upload to property portals to ensure maximum exposure of your home
- Latest estate agency software to match landlords to tenants
- Distinctive to let boards
- Carefully chosen use of social network platforms to drive traffic to our website
What we will do for you
- Advise on all aspects of letting your property
- Visit you at an agreed time and provide you with rental value
- Prepare property details with quality photographs
- Circulate your property details to our data base of waiting tenants
- Circulation to relevant local business’
- Accompany all viewings
- Obtain the necessary references
- Carry out credit checks
- Obtain a status enquiry from the tenant’s bank
- Prepare the lease
- Prepare of the inventory
- Prepare schedule of condition
- Prepare photographs for the condition report
- Liaise with tenant to obtain a registration card
- Advise on transfer of utilities
- Organise initial payment of rent and damage deposit
- Organise key handover
We will help and guide you through the letting process
We will give you feedback on all viewings and advise on the suitability of the prospective tenant.
Other important considerations for the landlord
- Make sure that your property is safe and fit for purpose.
- Check the outside areas for trip hazards or dangers
- Make sure all appliances are in good working order
- Chimneys and fires should be cleaned regularly
- Smoke detectors should be in place
- Monoxide meters should be provided where necessary
- Gas appliances should be checked regularly
- Advice on relevant Insurances should be sought
- Mortgage lenders may need to be advised.
- Utility suppliers and relevant authorities notified
Please note: Hunt Estates agreement with the landlord is for finding a tenant, preparing the necessary paperwork and seeing the tenant/s into the rental property. We cannot be held responsible should the tenant default with their monthly rent at any future date. Recourse can be sought through the Petty Debts Court or other legal avenues. We accept no responsibility in this regards on behalf of the tenant.
How to prepare your rental property
It is important that your property is prepared and presented in the best possible way.
- Interiors are best painted in neutral or light colours
- Paintwork must be fresh and free from chips or scuffs
- Gardens well maintained.
- The whole of property thoroughly cleaned.
- Doors, garages and windows should close properly
- Heating systems should be checked and serviced
- Appliances have to be working safely.
- Smoke detectors have to be provided and working
- Monoxide meters installed where necessary.